Monday, March 10, 2008

New Cupcakes!!

So as promised, I have tested two new recipes! Someday when I get to have a little store front and bake cupcakes all day, I hope that my friends and family will stop by and visit a little while. Each of you inspire me and I love you dearly. In that spirit, many of the cupcakes I make are named after someone. The first cupcake I tested is the oreo crazy cupcake (secretly it's named:Crystal because it's what I would choose to eat everyday if I could). It has moist chocolate cake that is piled high with "oreo mousse," well, that's what I call it anyway. It's a combination of whipped cream, cream cheese and oreos. Then it's sprinkled with more oreos. Yum!


Next we tried out Nate's pineapple right side up cupcake. Before I tell you about the cupcake, let me tell you about Nate. He is attending University of Texas in Austin and is one of the most fun guys I know! But my favorite thing about Nate is that he always has a hug ready when I see him and he calls me and my sisters "you girls." I love it! Now for the cupcake, Nate loves pineapple so it is only fitting for his cupcake to be pineapple right side up! It's a butter cake topped with crushed pineapples that have been slow cooked with brown sugar, then it's topped with a light whipped cream cheese frosting and a cherry.



I'll be working on more in the weeks to come, all of these of course include a lot of love!

1 comment:

miraclemandy said...

These were probably the best thing I have eaten in a long time :) Yay Cupcakes!


View My Stats