Thursday, May 22, 2008

How to eat a cupcake & Mousse recipe

Please tell me how 2 weeks have gone by without me posting a new blog?? Well, maybe it's because summer is officially here and my job goes into warp speed. The cupcakes, however have definitely still been on a roll. I need to update everything, but I keep forgetting. But I have two new cupcakes for you. 1) The Fauxstess.- Chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and topped with chocolate ganache. 2) Oreo Mint- Chocolate cake topped with mint Oreo mousse. This is the boys from the office new favorite.




In regards to the fauxstess, I had an excellent group of taste testers. And if you can tell by the pic, they devoured them! If you have never heard of Justin Cofield Band go check them out. I had the great privilege of giving Justin some cupcakes to try. His reaction by far is the BEST I have ever seen. Not only was it positive, it was stinkin hilarious. I'm hoping to get it video taped and then everyone can laugh along with me as I describe it here: Justin took the cupcake and set it on a plate as he carefully removed the wrapper. Then, with a fork (he used a fork? strange) he took one bite, set the fork down and took two steps back. He swallowed then pointed at the cupcake, jumped up and down and said, "That's it right there." And then he went for the fork again. Took a bite, set the fork down, took two steps back and then banged his head on the wall. This continued until the cupcake was gone. I've never seen someone eat a cupcake like that and I'm pretty sure I probably won't ever again. But, I'm glad he enjoyed them. Now for the coveted Oreo Mousse recipe. You all are going to kick me because it's so easy.


Ingredients:

1 Pkg oreos (regular not double stuffed works best)

1 8oz. pkg cream cheese- softened

1 lg tub cool whip, or 6 cups of homemade whipped cream

1/2 cup powdered sugar


Directions:

Combine cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add whipped cream and stir until combined. In a plastic bag crush oreos. They should not be ground into a powder. Add oreos to cream and mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Then top anything or eat it straight out of the container. This will frost 30 regular cupcakes or one layered cake.

2 comments:

Sturgmom said...

Mmmmm... Forget using it as a topping- I think I'll eat it straight from the container! Can't wait to try it!!

Anonymous said...

Well said.


View My Stats