Sunday, September 13, 2009

2fer

Today you get two creations to think on. The connecting factors are that they both were taken to church activities and made out of whatever I happened to have in my kitchen. A little of this, a little of that, you know how it goes. The first is a Banana Choffee (yes I think I just made that word up) Cupcake. It's a soft Banana cake with mini, semi-sweet chocolate chips and toffee bits, topped off with smooth cream cheese, a drizzle of chocolate and sprinkle of toffee. If you want a rich banana cake this one is for you! Next up, Pumpkin Roll Crunch....All the rain over the weekend made us Texans seek the great indoors and gave me a chance to do some clean out the pantry baking. There are two things you should know about me and Pumpkin rolls:
1. This was my first attempt! I've been too scared to make them, but I had nowhere I had to be and pumpkin and eggs that needed to be used.
2. I love them so much, that I was once given one for Christmas.
A traditional Pumpkin Roll is laid out on powdered sugar right after it's baked so it doesn't stick to your towel when you roll it, but I wanted to try something with a little texture so I baked up some pecan streusel topping to replace the sugar. It turned out pretty good for my first attempt. I only had 4oz of cream cheese and 1 stick of butter so to make enough filling I also added about 1/2 cup of whipped cream. It gave the filling a light airy taste. I wish I would've taken a picture of it sliced, it looked so pretty! I think it went over pretty well with the church folk. Now that I've figure out how to roll cake, watch out My head is spinnin' with ideas!

No comments:


View My Stats