Sunday, September 27, 2009

Flavors! Flavors!

One of my favorite pies is from Furr's Cafeteria: Millionaire Pie! When I was younger I couldn't even begin to tell you what was actually in it, all I knew is that the custard was so sweet it crunched in your teeth and the crust was buttery delicious and to top it all off the whipped cream had a secret concoction of pineapples, nuts and we sometimes thought coconut. So in honor of this great desert, I finally got around to making a Millionaire Cupcake: Butter cake filled with custard and topped with pineapple nut cream. Folks around here are hesitant to try it but love it once they do!
Also on the menu today: Strawberry Margarita, it's got real Margarita in the cake and the frosting and of course rimmed in pink sugar. These were for a Bridal shower, I'm sure they had one great fiesta!

No comments:


View My Stats